Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

I've realized two things.
-1) I need to start recording my running to help keep me on track. I'm terrified that I won't reach my marathon goal. And when there is a possibility of failure I tend to self sabotage myself so then I can say oh it isn't because I can't do it, it is just because I was lazy and didn't put it in the effort. So from now on  I'm just going to record to keep track of my miles, pace and how I felt-although my garmin does a pretty great job at that already.

-2) I need a place to really be myself-think, write, speak my mind- then maybe, just maybe, I'll feel comfortable enough to be like that in public.

I ran twice in a 10 day period and it felt like an eternity since I ran. It feels GREAT to be back.

So far this week

  • Monday: 35 minutes of yoga
  • Tuesday: 30 minutes of abs/lifting. Speed training-1 mile warm up, 3 mile speed (7'40" pace including cool downs), 1 mile cool down
  • Wednesday: 7.8 miles at an 8'40" pace.  1:07. Horrible. Probably my worse run yet. The last half was a complete struggle. My stomach was crampy and I thought I was going to puke multiple times. But I made it! And I won a free entry to a local 5k next week! Score.
  • Today: 1 hour of yoga. In just two sessions I can already see my flexibility coming back. 
  • Friday: going out for my father-in-laws birthday right from work, rest day
  • This weekend I am supposed to run 8 and 15. We'll see. My husband and I's one year anniversary is Sunday! But I have two days off this week so maybe I can push it back a little!

I just looked at the calendar. 11 weeks until my marathon. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??

No comments:

Post a Comment