Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Beginner's Mistake

Starting last week, I began running at the local running store on Wednesday nights. Last week went really well. I fell in step with a girl my age and we ran together the whole time. The fastest 6 miles I've ran to date (that I have timed)

Well this week my new friend wasn't there so I had to find someone else...or at least keep someone in sight so I didn't get lost. I ended up (sort of) running with an older lady,  older man and towards the end a guy a little older than me. They all knew each other, I didn't know any of them. At the very end (last .25 miles ish?) the older lady and younger guy sprinted ahead to catch up with her dad. It was me and the older guy kind of at the end and I decided to sprint the end. When we got back, everyone was standing around drinking water and eating bananas. I walked up to get a water bottle and he said something to the effect of, "thanks for staying with me and keeping me motivated at the end there." Joking? Idk. Either way, I do not take jokes like that well. At all. So now it will be hanging over my head until I can apologize next week. Ugh. Way to make a good first impression, Michelle, way to go. I hesitate to admit this already, but I feel pretty socially awkward in most situations.

On a much better note, I improved my pace by 14 seconds!!! Last week my pace was 8:34. I'm so excited to see more improvements as I get into better shape. 



Alright well I need to get up and finish prepping fruit for tomorrows snack. Fruit kabobs. 120 of them. Yay :)

Any tips on group running etiquette would be much appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment