Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cabin Fever


Do you see that white stuff on the ground? SNOW! Yes, I know it is only mid March but this has been the absolute longest winter ever. It is windy, cold, and above all, gloomy.














And no, that should not detour me from running in anyway. I have the time, cold running gear and a gym membership if the weather is too unbearable. Oh and did I mention countless workout DVDs I can do in the comforts of my own so I don't even have to step a foot outside? 

There is one problem. I'm stubborn. I want to run. I really really want to run. Outside, with the sun shining, the grass green and the sky blue. I have taken the liberty of self diagnosing myself with SAD (seasonal affective disorder). And with it being the very end of winter, having endured almost 4 months of this awful weather, I just cannot muster up the motivation to get out there.

 All I feel like doing is curling up on the couch with a blanket,  good book, cup of coffee and my fur children beside me. I tried doing three different workout DVDs today. Three!! I was bored to tears.

My compromise is weight lifting while watching Dawson's Creek (don't judge). Some exercise is better than none right? Plus I need to work on stretching (I'm bound and determined to do the splits) and holding my handstands and headstands. (I really regret not sticking with gymnastics. I quit because my teacher had a funny accent. How lame of a child was I?)


How do you stay motivated on these horribly gloomy days??

No comments:

Post a Comment