Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

The New Year

Well it certainly has been a while since I have moseyed on over here. I've been trying to limit the amount of time I spend watching tv and using the internet but I think it is time to get back at it(to an extent). I feel much more motivated when I am recording and reflecting my runs, when there is more accountability.

Quick Update:
  • The 5k I ran back in my last post..came in 2nd for my age group
  • I ran another 5k a month ago and also came in 2nd. And a new PR! 22:22, a 7'12" pace. My next goal: somewhere in the 21 minutes/under 7 minute pace
  • I finished my second marathon. 3 hours 47 minutes. My goal was under 3:45. It was probably my own fault. I started training late. My long runs left something to be desired. I probably didn't put in enough miles. Some runs were probably too fast. 
  • I think I have a mild IT band injury. UGH. I have never been sidelined with an injury and I don't intend to start now. 
  • I am still officially a vegetarian, with very little dairy. I added gluten free to the list of diet restrictions on the first of the year as a trial elimination diet as a result of some lab test received.
 I'm disappointed to say I've ran less then 50 miles so far this month but starting tomorrow I'm getting back on track. I've been splitting my runs between treadmill and road since we've had record low temperatures and copious amounts of snow and ice. Can spring get her already?

No comments:

Post a Comment