I definitely need to work on my picture taking skills! My camera is broken so I have to rely on my phone!
Prep time:15 Mins
Cook time:15 Mins
Yields:9 Regular Size Muffins
Ingredients
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Quick Cooking Oats)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoonBaking Powder
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I used creamy)
- 1 cup Rice Milk
PROCEDURE:
- Preheat the oven at 400F/200C for 15 minutes. Grease with little cooking spray or line the muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine together the flour, oatmeal, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder.
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat, melt peanut butter in milk, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is cool, incorporate it into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan filling it to the top of each cup.
- The above batter was enough for 9 large muffins. I tried a batch with 12 and they were fluffier but kind of dry. I found 13 minutes to be a good time.
TASTE:
- The less you cook it the more dense and fudgy it will be. When I cooked it longer/made 12 instead of 9 it was a little drier
MY NOTES:
- Rice milk can be substituted for any type of milk
- As mentioned in the Procedure, either adjust the oven temperature or the baking time to get perfect muffins.
- I tried a couple of "cookies" with the batter and they turned out great...super fluffy and moist. Next time I'm going to make a whole batch of them.
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.egglesscooking.com/2009/10/13/vegan-peanut-butter-muffins/

No comments:
Post a Comment