Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

VegFest 2013

Yesterday the largest vegetarian/vegan expo in the country came to a city near me. My two best friends (who are doing the vegan challenge with me) and I went for the first time! It was full of free samples of great food. And the best part....
My best friend, Kaleigh, Scott Jurek, and Me!

Vegan ultramarathon runner Scott Jurek came and spoke. I also got my book, "Eat & Run" signed by him. I don't really get too excited/nervous about seeing "famous" people but man, this guy? Running races that are 100+ miles and training runs that are easily 30? When I downloaded my Garmin workouts today I had only ran like 40 miles this whole MONTH. Mad, mad, mad respect. And so down to earth, so humble.

 I got an awesome shirt by him as well that I still need to take a picture of. It reads "Pain only hurts." Ughh..perfect. It is going to be my new feeling down, pick me up, never quit keep going shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment