Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Vegan Lemon Blackberry Muffin


Well clearly I need a new camera but that won't be happening for a while I'm going to have to deal. 

I made these muffins Saturday. It is now Monday and they are gone. 12 muffins between 2 people in 2 days. Oops. But they were so freaking good. Here's the recipe...

1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 soy milk (I used rice)
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (omitted because I didn't have any but next time I'll definitely use it)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Zest from two lemons
1 3/4 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup diced blackberries (the recipe actually called for raspberries but my grocery store didn't have them...whaaaat?)


1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tins with vegan margarine (I used cupcake liners, don't know if it makes a difference)

2. Beat margarine and sugar togethr. Add the vanilla, soy milk, lemon extract, lemon juice and lemon zest

3. In a different bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt

4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Carefully fold in the raspberries

5. Pour batter so that muffin cup is 3/4 full. Bake for about 17 minutes.

*Note: I made 12 muffins but I could have made up to 16 if I hadn't filled them so much...I just didn't feel like using two cupcake tins. Lazy, I know. Also, it took longer than 17 minutes to bake. Probably because they filled so high. I put them in for ~20-22 min...just until the crust was golden brown.

Recipe courtesy of The Part-Time Vegan cookbook by Charise Grifoni

Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment